Well summer is just about upon us and soon it will be berry season so why not take your toddler to your local berry farm and pick some strawberries, raspberries or blueberries.
Here are some great tips on how to have fun day of berry picking:
- Decorate a berry picking bucket – buy a child’s bucket at the dollar store and have your toddler decorate it
- Confirm with your local farms that children are allowed in the fields as some require children to be above a certain age
- Prep! – pack a change of clothes, lots of wet wipes, proper sun protection (sunscreen, hat, etc), lunch, lots of water, a special bucket just for your toddler, collapsible stool
- Make sure your toddler understands the rules of the field – no stepping on plants, no running, etc
- Stop for breaks – bring a picnic lunch and enjoy that as part of your day
- Trade off – if your toddler is getting tired or grouchy, have one parent take them to the car or a shady spot for a break while the other one continues to pick berries
- Once home have them help wash and freeze the berries!!
This can be fun summer day activity for families. A great local berry farm that is very family friendly is Krause Berry Farms in Langley. They have a play area, petting zoo, carriage rides and more. Visit them at www.krauseberryfarms.com for more information.
Latest posts by amandacollett (see all)
- Marcus 2nd Birthday at JoJo’s Playzone! - December 11, 2013
- Another Successful Ladies Night - November 13, 2013
- Fisher Price Toy Review – Laugh & Learn Dance & Play Puppy - October 22, 2013