Are you looking for fun things to do in Toronto for Family Day 2014? Here’s a list of 8 family day events in Toronto!
Canada’s largest indoor inflatable festival returns on Family Day Weekend! Blown up and ready for play will be 30 of North America’s largest indoor inflatable rides. Kids will jump, bounce, slide, crawl and laugh their way through the day. All this, in addition to shows, interactive activities, games, crafts, character meet-and-greets, pony rides and more! Geared toward children 12 and under, this weekend will be chalked full of entertainment!
Included with your admission will be a number of activities and stage shows:
• Meet and Greet with DISPICABLE ME 2, from Universal Films Canada!
• Reptilia’s stage shows and meet & greet
• Hands on Exotic – travelling zoo
• Free Children’s Craft Area by the Made By Hand Show
• Dr. Michael (Mickey) Lester – Paediatrician
• Suzie Sunshine – children’s entertainer
• Juggle Magic – Magic and juggling shows
• Kids entertainers
• An expanded Children’s Market Place, and more!
Cost: Kids all-day wristbands (includes rides & admission): $25 (incl. tax). Adults $8. Click here for more details.
We’re thrilled to announce that we have 2 tickets (one adult, one child) to give away for Kidsfest. To enter, just comment below with the Kidsfest activity you’re most exited to see! Winner will be selected via random.org on Feb 13th.
Bring the whole family and come play along at a free Stella and Sam Family Day Reading and Concert with author Marie-Louise Gay and Emilie Mover and her band. Join them for two concerts at 10:30am or 1:30pm.
Author Marie-Louise Gay will read from the Stella and Sam books and Emilie Mover and her band will perform songs from the award-winning television series. Elegant and gentle, the Stella and Sam Adventures are perfect for the preschooler in your life.
Cost: Entrance is free on first come, first serve basis. Click here for more details.
Bring the kids down to TIFF Bell Lightbox for a whole day of special family films, activities and workshops—all for free!
- Through the magic of green screen technology, immerse yourself into some stunning film scenes.
- Become your very own buttonographer by deciding what you want to put on your button and have it made on site. Capture the scene of your choice or take an existing shot and make it your own!
- Enjoy pop-up magic shows, running throughout the day on the third floor of TIFF Bell Lightbox!
- Plus, choose from a variety of short animated films!
Click here for more details.
It’s an “ART EXPLOSION” of fun. The Art Gallery of Ontario will celebrate Family Day 2013 by transforming for one special day into the “Kids Gallery of Ontario” (or KGO for short!).
We’re exploring colour, line, pattern and shape – everywhere! Activities at the AGO on Family Day will include:
- An all-day dance party with DJ in Walker Court, with “art explosions” at 11 am, 1 and 3 pm
- Art-making in the studio with artists from the AGO Family Programs – we’re exploring colour, line, shape and pattern in all kinds of ways
- Kid-centric and kid-lead tours of the Gallery
- Build it and Take it apart room
- Family Yoga (11 am and 1 pm)
- Art Cards hunt
- Arty Films in Jackman Hall
- Hands-On Centre open for the little ones
Cost: Regular Admission, children under 5 are free. Click here for more details.
Dazzling colour and vibrant displays of Carnival welcome you and the kids this Family Day Weekend! Experience artifact touch tables and scavenger hunts that help tell the stories and history of Carnival traditions from around the world.
Make your own Carnival mask, get your face painted, and visit the special exhibition Carnival: From Emancipation to Celebration. Take part in creating a competitive Carnival King costume, or join us for carnival headpiece art workshops* led by Carnival Revolution. Listen to storyteller, Sandra Whiting, as she shares the rich oral traditions, mythology and folklore of West Africa and the Caribbean, and join the celebration and make some noise in our drumming workshops* led by musicians from AFCY: Arts for Children and Youth.
Cost: Included with Museum Admission. *workshops have limited entry, first come first served. Click here for more details.
- The coolest kid-tainment! Little ones will get busy with our Twisted Twister Dance Floor, Crafty Creation Lab and Flying Photo Floor!
- One-on-one wardrobe consultation with a stylist!
- A yummy, organic juice and cookie bar!
- A special gift and $10 off when you spend $50 or more*
Plus…all baby, kids and maternity wear is 40% off! Cost: FREE! Click here to rsvp.
Looking for somewhere to drop-in last minute?
Enjoy some delicious food will your little one works on a supervised craft at Smock Cafe (open 9-5pm)
Drop the kids off (6-8 years old) from 10-11:30pm for a Lego Morning at High Park Family Fun, then head to Yogurty’s with your discount coupon! The $15 class fee includes unique Lego activities and crafts, sign up via High Park Family Fun Place.
Latest posts by karendavey (see all)
- The Road To Bliss Is Winding - October 9, 2014
- Partying In Style With Children’s Urban Enrichment Studio (CUES) - October 7, 2014
- Newborn Care Tips From An Experienced Mother - October 1, 2014