**THIS REVIEW AND CONTEST WAS WRITTEN BY AMANDA MERCIER FOR HER BLOG “ACCORDING TO AMANDA”
To Jump or not to Jump? That is the Question.
Spoiler Alert! My Answer: JUMP!
Sky Zone is the world’s first indoor trampoline park and they have locations in Canada, the US, Mexico and Australia. It is not ‘just’ trampolines! The Whitby location offers 3 trampoline areas, a SkySlam court (for the basketball lovers), SkyRobics fitness classes, Dodgeball,birthday parties, camps and the Foam Zone filled with 10,000 foam cubes to fling yourself into.
I am very excited to share our experience with you about Sky Zone’s Toddler Time. My 2 and 4-year-old LOVED it and I am sure they will be asking to go again soon! Toddler Time is an activity for Sky Zone’s littlest jumpers, open to children under 6 years of age. It offers full access to an entire trampoline section as well as the foam pit without the dangerous, high energy of the big kids.
Keep reading for your chance to win
an exciting giveaway with Sky Zone!
Sky Zone Pros:
- Who knew jumping would be so fun?! The kids had no problem jumping around for the full hour of toddler time and I don’t doubt that I will too when my husband and I come back for our next date night!
- The staff are friendly, attentive and supportive Unfortunately my daughter twisted her ankle on the trampoline. Immediately the employee watching the jumpers was at her side to see how she was. After she assessed the situation she promptly called her manager who was there within seconds. He brought a bag of ice over and instructions on how to properly use it. I was so impressed with how efficient and helpful the team was. Miss E was not injured badly and back to jumping in a few minutes but I am sure that if things were more serious the well-oiled Sky Zone team would have provided excellent care and support.
- Super Clean! All areas including the bathrooms and jumping structures were immaculate!
- The cost is quite fair, especially for the toddler time. $16 for the 2 kids, $4 for the children’s socks and $4.50 for ours. The socks are a one time charge if you keep them for your next trip. I would gladly pay $16 again to come and let the 2 kids jump!
Sky Zone Cons:
- I found the website difficult to navigate General admission and hours was quick to find but it took a few tries to find the information on the hours and pricing for the Toddler Time. It was hidden in the Activities & Programs menu at the bottom of the page.
- I wasn’t allowed to jump and for very good reasons. Parents are only allowed to walk along side their children during Toddler Time. No jumping or running for us big kids (I tried). I was quite disappointed but there was a very good possibility I would have trampled a kid if I had been allowed. Parents are allowed to jump during regular play hours but only in a separate section from the kids.
Sky Zone Tips & Tricks:
- Play time is purchased in blocks of time. Toddler Time is 1 hour and during regular play hours you purchase time in 30 minute increments. So it is essential to arrive early. Give yourself an extra 15 minutes before the session begins to get fill out the waiver, paying and getting socks on, especially when going during their busy regular day.
- If you can, fill out the waiver and pay online before leaving your house. They can sell out!
- Even in the winter wear short sleeves and maybe even shorts. Both kids were quite hot from all the exercise.
- Leave valuables at home or in your car. It costs $2 to rent a locker.
- Find the location nearest you: SkyZone Locations
According to Amanda… the verdict is:
When I first heard about Sky Zone I figured it was something you would do once, add a notch to your belt and move on. What I have found is that I wished I lived closer so we could go all the time! We will definitely be back again! We are planning our next date night at Sky Zone and I really want to head back to try out a fitness class! If I lived closer I would have signed up for the Dodgeball league immediately! How awesome would that be?!
Since I loved my experience there so much, I asked the Sky Zone Whitby team if they would be interested in working together on a giveaway. Guess what?! They generously agreed!
So together we are giving away a $60 gift card to Sky Zone Whitby! Simply fill out the Rafflecopter giveaway form below. This giveaway is open to residents of Canada only (excluding QC and Nunavut), and runs from January 13, 2016 at 12:00am to Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 12:00am. Full contest details can be found in the Rafflecopter form. Good luck! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me!
- To enter this contest, please click here