This informative course consists of New Red Cross Standards, runs approximately 2 hours in length and finishes when participants feel confident with their CPR & First aid skills. Infants up to 1 year of age are welcome to accompany parents/guardians. A Free 2nd Refresher course is included anytime within 12 months of the initial workshop.
Location: The Workaround, 2080 Danforth Ave.
Cost: $45 per participant
*Bonus: $10 off any Mommy Connections our multi-week programs!
The course includes:
- Baby/Child CPR
- Choking emergencies and common potential choking hazards for children & infants
- Understanding SIDS, sudden infant death syndrome
- Crib safety
- Treating falls – signs & symptoms for concussions
- Anaphylactic shock & epi pen usage/protocol (optional)
- Severe allergies – what to look for and what to avoid (optional)
- Fevers and febrile seizures (optional)
- Accessing EMS – 911
- Question/answer first aid session
- Child safety hand-out (emailed after workshop completion)
- Email and phone forum open to any participants with first aid questions
- Free 2nd refresher workshop anytime within a year at any of our public courses (ask for details!)