I was invited recently into the new, beautiful buybuy Baby store in West Edmonton Mall. Taking a look through all their amazing products, plus speaking with some of their gear experts, I was brought back to last summer, when we packed up for a 2 week long road trip with our 2 kiddos.
Travelling with baby/toddler/preschooler in tow is a whole other ball game! I remember fondly packing and packing, and re-packing again!
Whether we were headed for the airport, or campground or a longer roatrip, the gear required was the same!
Here are my top 5 picks for summer travel!
1) Finding an all natural bug spray and sunscreen is so important! Keeping baby/toddler/preschooler burn and bug free is super easy with these 2 products! Take a Hike is an all natural bug spray made with essential oils. Best of all, it was developed by a Canadian mama! Click here for additional product information!
Think Baby is a great option for an all natural, safe sunscreen for your littles. Product details here.
2) Another essential is a great, portable blackout blind. Nothing is worse than checking into a beautiful hotel/cottage/grandmas house and having no way to ensure a dark room for your little to sleep in. A great option is the gro anywhere blind. It sticks to any window with suction cups and has velcro closure to ensure no slivers of light peek through!
Product details here.
3) You arrive at a hotel, only to find they have in more play pens left! Or you are staying the night at grabdma’s and need a spot for your little to sleep. This Travel Bed from KidCo was a life saver for us when travelling! Folds into a compact little disc, and super easy to unpack! We even used it on the beach for toddler naps! This is a must have, and we used it up to preschooler was 4!
Product details here.
4) Having a compact, washable, waterproof blanket for parks/beaches/camping is vital for summer trips with littles. We have used ours almost daily for the past few summers!
This blanket is a great option!
5) Finally, a portable booster seat saves so much hassle when dining out, visiting relatives and saves a ton of space. Finding a great, durable washable chair, that easily clips ontop any chair is a lifesaver when travelling! Being able to feed your baby or busy toddler comfortably and quickly is supper easy and stress-free when you have a portable, easy to use booster chair with tray! I loved this one!
Summer travel with a baby/toddler/preschooler in tow can be stressful, but with the right gear, it can make things a little easier (and allow mamas to have an extra cocktail or 2!!).
Happy travels mamas (and dads!!) Enjoy summer!