Some of us are just starting to get back into the routine of school time, while others are just starting this routine and are gaining some familiarity to getting everyone ready and off to school and work on time. While mornings can be quite busy it is important to always take the time to eat breakfast.
Because mornings are so busy, I have decided to share some quick and easy breakfasts that give the kids and myself a variety of choices to give us the necessary energy needed to fulfill our busy days.
The first recipe I’ll be sharing is our Egg McMuffin recipes. (Yes it sounds like their from McDonald’s, but we make them at home)
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 Egg (Either Fried or Poached)
- Grated cheese (But I guess cheese slices could work too)
- Cooked ham or bacon
- Cut and toast English Muffin
- Place cheese on top of one half of the English muffin and put in the microwave
- Remove from microwave when melted and put thin slices of ham or bacon (or both) on top of the melted cheese
- Place egg on top of the ham or bacon
- Top with the other half of the English Muffin
The second recipe I’ll be sharing is our Microwave Oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp wheat bran
- 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the water, milk, salt, raisins, and wheat bran
- Microwave on high for two minutes
- Stir in oats and cinnamon
- Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring once each minute until oatmeal thickens
- Cover and let stand for 1 minute. Serve with brown sugar, fruit, maple syrup, or milk
These recipes are quite easy when my kids can either make it themselves (or can as they get older) or they can help you and participate in their own meal plan.