Since it is Thanksgiving Monday, I thought it would be fun to share a craft that I have planned to do with my kids and the rest of my family after our big feast tonight. It is a tradition in our family to reflect on what we are thankful for during Thanksgiving time. We are planning on making these fun turkey’s that show us what we’re thankful for.
- Construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Red tissue paper
- Turkey Feather template
1. Traced a circle on brown construction paper and then cut it out for the body of the turkey.
2. Use a turkey feather template. Choose a variety of different colours of construction paper for the feathers and print the feathers on each of those colour.
3. Using a glue stick glue the construction paper feathers to the back of the body by fanning out the feathers.
4. Write what you are thankful for on the feathers.
5. Cut out a triangle for the beak from the orange paper and glue to the body. Glue googly eyes to the body and a small piece of red tissue next to the beak for the gobbler/wattle.
6. Glue feathers to the back of the paper feathers.