It’s officially December! Prepare to be focused on Christmas. It’s one of my favourite holidays of the year and I plan on sharing fun crafts and recipes for this entire month. The first craft I’m sharing is a Christmas tree made from paper plates, so enjoy!
- Paper plate
- Green acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Hole punch
- Ribbon or yarn
- Brown cardstock paper or brown foam sheet
- Star foam sticker
- Sequins, small poms or embellishments
Steps to Create…
- Start by painting your paper plate green. Let it dry completely.
- When your paper plate is dry, cut it into thirds, then cut one of the section a bit smaller. When you layer them together with the smallest one on top, you have a Christmas Tree shape.
- Use your hole punch to punch six (6) holes across the bottom of each paper plate section.
- Cut a 12-inch section of ribbon for each paper plate section and lace them through the holes. Start by bringing the ribbon up from the back of the paper plate into the first hole and then continue through the holes, finishing with the excess ribbon hanging off the back of the paper plate.
- Tape the excess pieces of ribbon to the back of the paper plate to hold them in place.
- When you are finished lacing all your pieces, use a stapler to staple them together into your Christmas tree.
- Finish your paper plate Christmas tree craft by stapling (or gluing) on a brown tree stump cut out from your brown paper and adding a foam star sticker at the top.
- Glue on any sequin or embellishments that you would like to decorate your paper plate Christmas Tree craft.
Retrieved from: https://iheartcraftythings.com/paper-plate-laced-christmas-tree-craft.html