Pregnancy is a beautiful thing.. and along with it comes morning sickness, a range of emotions, and a change in how our body looks and feels. There are so many things to plan for and anticipate, and maternity photos may become an afterthought, but capturing the beauty of every pregnancy is special. Here are five reasons why you’ll be happy to have maternity photos done:
1. MOTHERHOOD IS BEAUTIFUL – You are beautiful! Carrying a soul inside of you is something to cherish. Pregnancy occurs only a few times in life, and it’s worth savouring the moment. It can be hard to imagine having photos taken (especially if you’re not feeling your best – with morning sickness and an expanding body), however focus on the celebration of motherhood that is growing within.
2. SHOW OFF THE BELLY – What a great excuse to show off and flaunt your belly! Make it a day of pampering, and get dolled up as a special treat, because you deserve it. Indulge in form fitting maternity wear to show off the bump. Professional photographers will provide wardrobe recommendations, and may also provide access to a collection of maternity dresses that can be worn for the shoot.
3. TIMELESS MEMORIES – It’s easy to forget how it felt like to be pregnant. Photos help reconnect your memories, emotions, and feelings. It is also a wonderful memory to show your children.
4. MOMENT OF BONDING – The photos are also for partners and any siblings to have their own moment to bond. It is a wonderful moment for the entire family to embrace the positive changes coming. For siblings, it is a great way to make them feel special, and to capture cute photos of hugging or kissing of the belly.
5. TELL A STORY – A professional photographer will make it a fun experience, and transform shots into a story that illustrates the connection and love already forming between mom and baby – all while taking best angles, depth of field, and lighting into consideration. It’s also worth looking into combined maternity + newborn photo session package options, to capture the beautiful story that unfolds once the baby is born.
**Join us for a Midtown Mommy-To-Be: Prenatal Workshop – Sunday June 3rd at North Movement Studio in Leaside. You’ll enjoy a great afternoon of learning and connecting with your fellow mommies-to-be, as well as a fun maternity photoshoot with Pictonat Photography!
Guest blog post by: Nathalie Amani, Pictonat Photography
Nathalie is a mom of two, and the owner of Pictonat Photography. She has a passion for delivering images that capture emotions and tell a story with an intimate, contemporary, and fresh feel. Her work is focused on working with people and families of all ages (maternity, newborn, family, special occasion & professional head shots).
Pictonat Photography | firstname.lastname@example.org | 416.951.8428