It’s a pretty exciting time to be a kid—or a parent!—living in Mississauga, with a variety of fun family-friendly activities and events coming to town this Fall. We’ve rounded up our list of the Top Five Things to do with the family next season:
- The Dr. Seuss Experience: Dr. Seuss fans are going to love this. The Dr. Seuss Experience—an imaginative, interactive and immersive touring experience that’s intended for viewers of all ages—will kick off in Mississauga on Oct. 26 at Square One. The massive 15,000 sq. foot experience will take attendees on an awe-inspiring journey through the wondrous world of Dr. Seuss. Each area is themed after the beloved Dr. Seuss stories and characters, from “The Cat In The Hat” to “Horton Hears A Who!” and “The Lorax,” as well as other timeless favourites. To register for tickets and updates, visit https://www.drseussexperience.com/.
- Fall Colours Community Ride: Don’t pack away your bikes just yet: Mississauga Bikes is running a free Fall Colours Community Ride on Oct. 5. Pedal through Mississauga’s parks and trails while enjoying the fall colours. With a short and long distance to choose from, this is fun free event that all members of the family can enjoy. The ride departs at 10 a.m. from Samuelson Park, and is followed with free refreshments. For more info, visit https://www.mississaugabikes.ca/events/fall-colours-community-ride/.
- PAW Patrol Live! Race to the Rescue: This all-time toddler and preschooler favourite is coming to Mississauga this fall. Families can catch the “heroic musical adventure” at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre on Nov. 23 and 24. Using their unique skills and teamwork, the pups show that “no job is too big, no pup is too small,” and share lessons for all ages about citizenship, social skills and problem-solving as they make several heroic rescues. For tickets, visit https://www.pawpatrollive.com/Canada/.
- Fantastic Beasts of Benares: Featuring all things wizarding, Fantastic Beasts of Benares on Oct. 26 and 27 packs Benares Historic House with two days full of potion making, spell casting classes, crafts, games and prizes. Don’t miss out on fun for all ages with quill writing in invisible ink, an artisans market, visits with real life beasts, tastes of your favourite wizarding world treats, and many more magical surprises. Tickets available on-site. For more info, visit https://culture.mississauga.ca/event/benares-historic-house/fantastic-beasts-benares-0.
- Sesame Street Live, C is for Celebration: The longest running children’s television program, celebrating 50 years this November, comes to the Living Arts Centre with a new live show. Families can sing and dance along with Elmo, marvel at Abby’s magical moments, shake it up with Cookie Monster, be amazed as Super Grover flies, and move to the music with Rosita. With a run time of only 45 minutes, this show is ideal for little ones with shorter attention spans. For tickets, visit https://www.livingartscentre.ca/theatre-performances/sesame-street-live-c-is-for-celebration.