Mommy Connections is pleased to offer modern families a one-day prenatal education class. Connect with other expecting families while learning about what to expect and how to prepare for your labour and birth!
In this 6-hour course you will learn:
- Your pregnant body: anatomy and terminology
- How to get this baby out: the stages of labour
- Encouraging baby into the best possible position for birth
- Understanding stress and the effects of pain in labour (fear-tension-pain cycle)
- Comfort measures (positioning, using breath, touch, massage and relaxation techniques with interactive practice)
- Birth preferences: know your options
- Packing: what to take with you to the hospital or birth center
- Medical interventions: what are they, why do they exist, what you might like to know
- Inductions and assisted deliveries
- Medical pain relief options
- Cesarean section: what to expect
- Alternative care and options in pregnancy and childbirth (chiropractic, acupuncture, acupressure, craniosacral therapy, aromatherapy, use of TENS machine, use of hypnobirthing/ Hypnobabies)
- Making decisions for yourself and your child in labour (informed consent, using BRAIN)
- Postpartum and your body (exercise, bleeding, perinatal mood disorders, etc.)
- Infant care (What you can expect in the first weeks, newborn sleep, diapering, baby wearing, etc.)
Registration is open for spring and summer 2018:
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Saturday, June 9, 2018
Saturday, July 21, 2018
Saturday, August 11, 2018
Saturday, September 8, 2018
Find more details on our Class Dates page.
Classes run 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the NABI Building, located at 13 Mission Ave., St. Albert!
Have questions? Send us an email and we’ll be sure to get back to you right away!