Mommy Connections is pleased to offer modern families a one-day prenatal education class. Connect with other expecting families while learning about what to expect and how to prepare for your labour and birth!
In this 6-hour course you will learn:
- Your pregnant body: anatomy and terminology
- How to get this baby out: the stages of labour
- Encouraging baby into the best possible position for birth
- Understanding stress and the effects of pain in labour (fear-tension-pain cycle)
- Comfort measures (positioning, using breath, touch, massage and relaxation techniques with interactive practice)
- Birth preferences: know your options
- Packing: what to take with you to the hospital or birth center
- Medical interventions: what are they, why do they exist, what you might like to know
- Inductions and assisted deliveries
- Medical pain relief options
- Cesarean section: what to expect
- Alternative care and options in pregnancy and childbirth (chiropractic, acupuncture, acupressure, craniosacral therapy, aromatherapy, use of TENS machine, use of hypnobirthing/ Hypnobabies)
- Making decisions for yourself and your child in labour (informed consent, using BRAIN)
- Postpartum and your body (exercise, bleeding, perinatal mood disorders, etc.)
- Infant care (What you can expect in the first weeks, newborn sleep, diapering, baby wearing, etc.)
Registration is open for winter and spring 2018:
Classes run 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the NABI Building, located at 13 Mission Ave., St. Albert.
Have questions? Send us an email and we’ll be sure to get back to you right away!