When my son was about to start daycare a few years ago, there was one consistent piece of advice I received from other experienced moms; LABEL EVERYTHING. From clothes to bottles to bottle caps to blankets, it was highly recommended by the daycare providers as well, that all his personal items be branded with his name. With so many kids in each class and all possessing similar bottles and blankets, it’s hard for the teachers to remember what belongs to whom. By labeling all his personal items it was likely that they would actually be returned back home.
Being a fairly new and naïve mom at the time and wanting to still do everything on my own, I at first thought that meant, pulling out my trusty black sharpie and writing his initials on everything…made sense right? No, that’s just silly. With my large bubbly handwriting that would never work. So then I thought that meant getting out the Avery labels and running them through my printer. But wait, would those stand up to the washing machine and Sunlight dish soap. Probably not. So, the next step…google. I came across a few companies. Although they varied in design, size and costs, they were all pretty much the same. I found what I needed at the time.
Fast track 4 years and a few orders later, and now it’s time again to order some more labels. This time I thought I would try and change it up a bit. The Elora Label Company is a Canadian company, founded and owned by a mom herself, Nancy Ariss. Made in Canada, all their labels are washable, durable and long lasting, UV resistant, dishwasher, microwave and laundry safe (I can attest for this one already).
The Elora Label Company has a great refund policy. If you are not happy with your labels, they will work with you to make it right, or provide a full refund within 30 days of your purchase. All their products are 100% guaranteed.
Unique to Elora Label Company is their Sibling Set. You can order one package, but add 2 names, 2 ICONS and 2 colour combinations.
The Allergy Medical Set includes 24 labels that can be customized with a name, phone number and condition.
Fundraising opportunities are also available.
What I personally love about the Elora Label Company and their labels;
– Great price!
– They all come together in one neat and tidy booklet. With numerous sheets of labels, somehow they always seemed to end up in different spots in the house. As a result, I never really knew if I had run out of labels, or if that one sheet of clothing tags was just misplaced. So now when rummaging through that pesky kitchen junk drawer, I can now just look for my book of Elora labels and know exactly how many I have left. Brilliant!
– LOVE the options for the colour combination and cute ICONs . There were many ICONS to choose from.
– So many shoe labels! Between outside shoes, inside shoes, crocs for swimming, skates and soccer cleats, I always found that there weren’t enough shoe labels in many of the standard packages. The Elora Label Company’s standard package comes with 12 shoe stickies.
– Ordering is easy! In just 4 simple steps;
1. Choose your package type
2. Pick your color combo
3. Choose your ICON
4. Add your name
– The online account keeps track of all your recent orders, so you know exactly what you have ordered and when. This can be very helpful with repeat orders.
– FREE standard shipping in Canada!!!! Seriously? How often do you see this?
– Nancy has a great blog!
Ironically as I write this review, we are currently missing a pair of snow pants. They didn’t come home from school. No, they were not labeled (funny enough, at the time I couldn’t seem to find my sheet of clothing labels). Next time I just have to look for my book of Elora labels.
Enter our contest to win your own standard set of Elora labels, valued at $34.95 CLICK HERE TO ENTER CONTEST.
“Like” and Share this post on the Mommy Connections Oakville Facebook page for additional entries. Contest closes March 12, 2014 at 11:59 pm