- This event has passed.
Mom & Baby Program-Thursdays 11-12:30pm at Kids & Company (Nov 8-Dec 20, 2018)
“It takes a village to raise a child and thanks to Mommy Connections I have found my village.”
Learn, have fun with your baby, and meet other new moms in Oakville!
Our flagship Mom & Baby program offers new moms a unique opportunity to meet other moms, learn about local programs and services, and gather valuable parenting info – in a fun, low-pressure, inclusive environment.
Each week features a discussion led by a local expert on topics ranging from sleep to introducing solids to baby massage. Following that, we’ll enjoy a fun and interactive activity for mom and baby – like yoga, sign language, or music – and an informal opportunity to chat with others experiencing the same challenges, fears and excitement as you are.
We meet from 11am to 12:30pm on Thursdays at Kids & Company (463 Cornwall Rd). Each session runs for seven weeks, with our next one beginning on November 8.
What you get:
Included in your $139+tax registration fee is:
- Seven classes full of information, bonding opportunities and connection
- A free professional picture of you and your baby taken by a local photographer
- A swag bag filled with discounts, samples and small gifts from local and national companies we think you’ll love
Sample Agenda Based On A Previous Session – All Topics Subject To Change
Why Mommy Connections?
Here are some of our past participants’ favourite things about this one-of-a-kind program (and why we think you’ll love it too!):
- It’s a great way – and reason – to get out of the house in the early months of parenthood
- The environment is warm, welcoming and inclusive
- It provides a unique chance to try baby-focused activities ‘before you buy’
- You’ll make connections that will carry you through your mat leave – and beyond
- The expert information you’ll receive will make parenting easier (and more fun!)
- All the freebies!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How old should my baby be when I register?
A: The ideal time to do this program is when your baby is between two and four months old. That said, we welcome moms of newborns so long as your health care provider has cleared you for moderate exercise. We also welcome ‘older’ babies up to 8 months, so long as they aren’t mobile yet.
If your baby is older, we offer a Mini Movers program for 8 to 18 month olds, and a very popular Travelling Tots program for 1.5 to 4 years.
Q: Can I attend just a few classes?
A: Single sessions are not available. A huge focus of our program is community building, which can only be created when a group is consistent from start to finish.
Q: How many moms are in each class?
A: We aim to keep classes at or below 15 participants to foster a cozy, community feel.
Q: When will I find out the schedule of topics/activities?
A: You will receive a schedule via email before your session begins. A sample schedule is available below.
“Mommy Connections has given me the opportunity to not only connect with some truly amazing women around me, but also to learn about different topics that are so relevant to being a new mom. It`s social, informative and FUN – it has truly been a highlight of my mat leave.”
Join us here!