Do you get the sneaky suspicion that your husband will be rushing out to the gas station the night before Mother’s Day to pick up a last minute gift card for you?! It’s time to start dropping some subtle hints 😉 Or if you’re lucky enough to already have a thoughtful gift buying partner, perhaps this list will come in handy for some ideas for your own mother, mother-in-law or grandmother. I attended a media preview hosted by Impressions PR featuring some of the hottest Mother’s Day gift ideas, and I’ve rounded up my top 10 favourite.
1. Remember your childhood delight when someone took your photo with a Polaroid and the photo instantly appeared? And I mean a REAL photo, not just an image on someone’s phone? Introducing the Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera available on shop.ca.
2. I really wish I was a crafty mom who could make my mom homemade gifts. I spend hours drooling over Pinterest…and then I go to Etsy.ca to buy what I wish I could make!
3. Lingerie for Mother’s Day? Absolutely! Gone are the days of wearing stretched out tank tops all day while nursing. Mayana Geneviere designs are elegant, sexy and comfortable. The materials are accepting and accommodating, perfect for the recovery of your body and self-confidence. Available for purchase at select retailers, and also at our Mom’s Night Out event happening On Friday May 22nd.
4. I bought my first Citrus Silver piece this year and now I am hooked. Citrus Silver offers stunning sterling silver pendants and charms that are stamped with words, names or dates that are important to the person wearing it. I love the joy my little guy gets from seeing his initials around my neck. And I love how stylish and modern the pieces are, like their popular Leather Cuffs
6. Quick poll…how many photos do you have on your phone? And how many have you actually printed? Just what I thought;) With the Fujifilm Instax SHARE Sp-1 Smartphone Wireless Printer you can instantly print your photos directly from your photo.
7. For the mom-to-be check out the The AB Tank and Wrap from Bellies Inc. This holistic system provides you with physical support for your healing tissues while also rebuilding your core from the inside out with their Core Confidence exercise program. By supporting the healing tissues and guiding the muscles back into ideal alignment, the AB Tank and Wrap make your exercise more effective!
8. I know that steaming is the best way to maximize the nutrients in your food which is why I love this Combo Steam + Convection Oven from Cuisinart. It’s super convenient and so versatile. No more microwaving!!
9. I love well.ca for discovering all kinds of amazing new green and natural products. The Zorah Mascara Volumizing caught my eye, or should I say caught my nose, when I smelled how delicious it was. I didn’t realize how much I disliked the smell of regular mascara until I smelled this!
10. No Mother’s Day wish list would be complete without a trip to the spa. With Life Experiences you can choose from an array of featured experiences or use the site’s fun Gift Matcher. By plugging in various factors like price range, type of experience and whom it’s for, gift givers can search for the perfect experience to please even the most impossible-to-buy-for recipient. My favourite experience is the Scandinave Spa in Blue Mountain (HINT! HINT! Hubby!)
Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!