As a mother of a child who is obsessed with any and all type of fruit, I have unfortunately eaten my fair share of imported strawberries during the winter months. Every summer after visiting the local Farmers’ Markets I am reminded just how good locally grown fresh produce can taste. I encourage you to visit the local West End Toronto Farmers Markets this summer, and comment below with your favourite finds! Here are my favourite Summer Farmers Markets for 2017!
- The Junction Farmers Market provides local, sustainably produced fresh foods in ways that build community, support local food growers and producers, and promote access to healthy food for all. Saturdays, 9am-1pm from May 27 until Nov 4, 2017, Train Platform, 2960 Dundas St W. Don’t forget to check out their famous Junction Night Market on Sat July 22, 2017.
- At the Etobicoke Civic Centre Farmers’ Market you’ll find fresh eggs, hot apple fritters dunked in maple syrup, bread stands, meat carts, and of course…fruits and vegetables! Saturdays, 8am-2pm June 3rd until October 28, 2017, Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall
- The local condo association presents The Humber Bay Shore Farmers Market (HBSCA Farmers Market) With over 30 vendors, Local Farmers from Ontario present fresh produce, meat, herbs, cheeses, and preserves. Plus enjoy delicious coffee, sandwiches, BBQ and more. Saturdays, 9am-2pm May 27 – Oct 7, 2017 at Humber Bay Park West, 58 Marine Parade Drive.
- The bustling and bountiful Sorauren Farmers’ Market has fresh local produce, meat, baked goods and foodstuffs of all kinds, plus entertainment and kids’ activities. Mondays, 3–7 p.m. outdoors until Mid October when it moves indoors at the Fieldhouse, Sorauren Field, Corner of Sorauran Ave and Wabash Ave
- Montgomery‘s Inn Farmer’s Market features local & organic produce, meat, cheese & much more. Don’t miss fresh baked bread from the Inn’s wood-fired oven! Wednesdays, 2-6 pm until October 2017 when it moves indoors, Montgomery Inn, 4709 Dundas Street West
- Annette Village Farmers’ Market features fresh Ontario fruits and vegetables, Farm-Fresh Eggs, Ontario cheeses, local sustainably raised meats, preserves, fresh bread and baked goods, VQA wines, delicious prepared foods, and other artisan delights. There is a constant flow of neighbours enjoying the tantalizing tastes and leaving with bags of fresh Ontario produce. Wednesdays, 3-7pm until October 4, 2017, Runnymede Presbyterian Church, 680 Annette Street.
- At the Sherway Farmers’ Market you can enjoy the ambiance of open-air shopping, the freshness and flavour of Ontario grown produce plus locally raised lamb and venison, sausage, peameal bacon, deli meats, Ontario cheese, honey, preserves, pies, breads and much more! Fridays 8am-2pm until October 27, 2017, NEW LOCATION: Parking lot of Church on the Queensway
1536 The Queensway (Queensway and East Mall)
Now you have amazing produce, but you still find meal time a chore?! Read our Mealtime Made Easy Fave 5 List!