Sunday July 21, 3:30-6pm: Baby and Child CPR and First Aid Course – $45 per person
Join Mommy Connections and Emergency Response Training (ERT) for a Baby/Child CPR & First Aid training workshop this Spring! This informative course consists of New Red Cross Standards, runs approximately 2.5 hours in length and finishes when participants feel confident with their CPR & First aid skills.
The Baby/Child CPR & First Aid workshop includes:
- Baby/Child CPR
- Choking emergencies and common potential choking hazards for children & infants
- Understanding SIDS, sudden infant death syndrome
- Crib safety
- Treating falls – signs & symptoms for concussions
- Anaphylactic shock & epi pen usage/protocol (optional)
- Severe allergies – what to look for and what to avoid (optional)
- Fevers and febrile seizures (optional)
- Accessing EMS – 911
- Question/answer first aid session
- Child safety hand-out (emailed after workshop completion)
- After course email and phone forum open to any participants with first aid questions
The cost is only $45 per person. The class takes place at Westmount Gallery, located at 88 Advance Road (Islington, South of Bloor) There is free parking onsite.
Babies are welcome, but you may find it easier to concentrate if you’re able to make alternate arrangements for child care. Light refreshments will be served.
A Free 2nd Refresher course is included anytime within 12 months of the initial workshop. Ask for details!
Please note that this course is specially designed for new parents, grandparents, family members & caregivers. It does not provide certification.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To finalize your order, please see your cart in the bottom right of the website. A $5 administrative fee will apply if you need to cancel 48 hours in advance of the workshop. Cancellations within 48 hours of the session are non-refundable.
“We really enjoyed the CPR session yesterday. Valerie is an enthusiastic, knowledgeable instructor and we learned so much. Lots of practical advice, and well presented!”
– Past Participant