Thanksgiving is upon us and we know that it’s a busy time for families, in particular for babies or young children who may be thrown off their regular schedules with the family visits and activities. You also may be busy with preparing a meal or trying to spend time with family you haven’t seen in awhile and it’s hard to deal with the children when you are trying to be a host. If you are looking for a few ideas to keep those kiddos entertained on Thanksgiving Day, we’ve got you covered! Some might take a bit of prep a few days before but you’ll be thankful for it when the day arrives.
- Let them help you set the table! They like to help and can easily do this with some instruction
- Prepare a craft table for them to be creative and keep entertained. Here are some ideas for things you can do with just a few supplies.
Fall Colouring Pages
I’m Grateful for colouring pages
Thanksgiving Printable Cards
- Prepare some games for the kids to play at the “kids table”
- Dance Party – if you have a room available, put on some music and let them shake out their sillies
- Go for a nature walk after dinner or a trip to the nearest park. Fresh air is good for everyone especially after a big meal. Take an opportunity to chat and connect with family and friends in an outdoor setting.
- If you’re up for a bit more excitement, check out Kidapalooza Family Fall Festival at Markham Fairgrounds this weekend for a day of fun! www.kidapalooza.ca.
Admission is $25 for children, $8 for adults. Familiy Pass $60 (2 adults, 2 children) Focused on entertaining the kids, but there is vendor market for parents as well!
- When all else fails, there are some fun Thanksgiving Ipad Apps for kids if they need some quiet time or down time after a hectic day!
These few simple tips can make your Thanksgiving a bit more enjoyable and will be amazingly fun for your kiddos as well!
Have a Happy and Stress-less Thanksgiving everyone!